Pay per click (PPC)
PPC or Google Ad word is used to direct traffic to websites, and it is one of the most effective tools. While SEO is a long and slow process, PPC is an effective way to get instant visibility for a Business.
PPC allows advertisers to pay a fee every time one of their ads is clicked.
Here’s how it works – Your ad targets certain keywords relevant to your business. For example, keywords for a Tax accountant could be “online tax”, “Tax Returns”, or “Get Maximum tax refund”.
When someone searches one of those keywords, Google finds out the Ads and places it in the top three results.
It is a highly efficient way to immediately divert traffic to websites. It is highly targeted and results are very clearly measurable.
PPC can be extremely affordable. You can choose a budget which you are comfortable spending as per your current marketing needs.
How small businesses benefit from PPC?
For the businesses which have just bloomed or are trying to, PPC is the most favourable tool available to both rank your website and improve your brand.
- You get less dependent on SEO, thus getting quicker results.
- Your brand gets recognized sooner.
- You can target the local customers and thus be visible to them. This would make them find you while surfing the web.
- Every detail can be tracked. With PPC, reporting is made easy thus giving you a clear insight on you fared in your campaigns.
- The PPC results are easily measurable giving more insight into customer profiles and return on investment than those received from traditional advertising.
- PPC is a great way to get your name to the top of search engine ranking pages without having to spend months on search engine optimisation.
- The ability to target your audience means your budget is used to appeal only to those who are already interested in your product or service.
- PPC campaigns can be created with even the smallest of budgets.
- PPC can be used as a low cost testing ground for product development, advertising layout viability, marketing strategies and more.
- PPC will put your product or service and brand name in front of interested people, which creates awareness and credibility.